I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Award!
Many thanks to Chanel Bailey for the honor of this nomination! I appreciate her company here on the Vine, her comments on my posts, and her thinking of me in this way. Since ‘sunshine’ isn’t a typical word used to describe me, I give all credit to Jesus. It’s His light that makes me glow.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate some wonderful bloggers and write 11 questions for them to answer.
I’M ASKED TO ANSWER:
- What would you do if you had a million dollars? Pay tithes, donate to a few charities (here and around the world) that already equip communities in the fight against child hunger, and start a home for young, unwed mothers where they’d receive vocational training, as well as parenting education in a Christ-centered environment.
2. What do you think are the reasons why people fail in blogging? I don’t know that you can “fail at blogging” if you’re blogging for the love of sharing ideas and experiences. My blog started as an online journal, in case anything I experienced would encourage others. I think as long as you’re true to your blog’s vision, it is successful. If you’re basing success on number of blog followers, there are plenty of posts putting their ‘two cents’ in on that.
3. Travelling by sea or air. Take a pick. By air; I like to get to the destination and get it started! I have yet travel by sea (my short cruise from Florida to the Bahamas doesn’t count J).
4. If you were allowed to take only three items for a weekend in the desert, what would they be? I understood it to mean stranded, so that’s how I’m answering: water, chocolate, and a tent
5. What or who makes you smile most? My daughter. Her name means grace and favor, and what she says to me often extends both.
6. If you were given an opportunity, what will you change about you? I would have said ‘nothing,’ but then I thought about my feet. I’d have corrective surgery on them.
7. Keyboard or Pen. Keyboard or I’d still be writing my book. Lol
8. Which books have you read more than twice? The Bible and 31 Days of Praise by Ruth Myers
9. Which cities do you look forward to visiting? I must include countries: Israel, Dominica, Trinidad and Tobago, St. Lucia, Barcelona, and London.
10. What do you find so interesting about nature? I love the colors!
11. Describe yourself in three words. Loyal, driven, and witty (my best friend would swap driven for compassionate — go figure!)
MY NOMINEES ARE:
Sheila (Daily Espresso)
K.L Register (TheNinthLife)
AND MY QUESTIONS FOR THEM:
1. What encourages you?
2. Only 100 engaged/committed blog followers or 100,000+ who follow ‘in name only’ – which would you prefer?
3. Who makes you smile?
4. What inspires your writing?
5. If cost were no issue, where would you travel?
6. Describe your ideal day?
7. Big city or small town, which do you prefer?
8. What famous person, alive today, would you like to meet?
9. Share something about yourself, readers don’t already know.
10. Share something else.
11. And share one more 🙂
I look forward to reading your answers. Keep shining!
Thanks for reading my post. I hope you’re encouraged!
My book is available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
Encourages women to move past the limits of their relationships with their fathers to find identity, acceptance, and unconditional love in the ultimate DADDY-daughter relationship with God.
Dearest Vanessa, I so thank you for nominating me for this award. But I’m afraid I’m going to have to refuse. I’ve decided to keep Daily Espresso award free. Mostly because I just don’t have the time to keep up with all requirements they come with. Between ministry and other commitments, I have a hard enough time keeping up with blogging!!
But thank you SO MUCH. It was really sweet of you! And I’m happy you received the award!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you, Sheila! No worries. I totally understand. I didn’t find out about the award until a month after it was posted. That’s how far behind I was in reading posts. Lol